Poetry is what is lost/gained in translation (Robert Frost / Joesph Brodsky)

Poetry is what is lost in translation (Robert Frost)
Poetry is what is gained in translation (Joseph Brodsky)

Not exactly translation, what constitutes this blog is more of retelling of Tagore's songs in a different language.

Language is the filter through which we imbibe the world that we live in. And, like filters, all languages are slightly different and the expressions create a slightly different image as we retell our images. This is a humble, if not crazy, effort to rediscover the timeless songs that we have grown up with. Our humble 'Ode to Rabindranath Tagore'!!

October 9, 2010

In My Imagination (Kothao Amar Hariye Jabar Nei Mana): কোথাও আমার হারিয়ে যাওয়ার নেই মানা মনে মনে

Nothing impedes my wanderlust,
I spread my wings to the chimes of my song,
in my imagination.

Beyond the wilderness of all fairy tales
Getting lost I reach a far away place,
where silence rules.

Amongst the "champa" flowers
in the
"parul" forests, the setting sun dozes off.
Clouds like flowers in the sky
.

Surfing on seven seas, floating to distant lands
I invade the locked doors of fairyland.
All in my imagination
.

1 comment:

Please do not be abusive, and please do not spam.